|Wood frame for metal plate "gravity" mount|
|Wood frame corner detail|
|Old World Art Leafing Kit|
|Red base coat|
|Copper leafing process|
|Copper leaf after burnishing|
|Copper leaf over the whole frame|
|Copper plate after sanding and satin finish|
I assume it is correct as it was confirmed on the forums by Caucasian Blackplate, but I make no personal guarantees ;)
|Initial parts installation on the copper plate|
|Bottlehead PT-3 sitting on top of VT4C transformer cover base|
In order to make a nice clean install for the three 75uF film capacitors in the power supply, I fabricated a piece of FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) with a few turrets that would sit on top of the caps and accept solder connections so they could be cleanly wired in parallel. The three caps wired in parallel give about 228uF (75x3 plus a little bit of tolerance wiggle room), very close to the 220uF electrolytic they are replacing.
|Fabricated FRP board|
|Fully wired up in stock configuration|
After firing up the build in stock configuration and making sure it held smoke. I powered it down, removed the tubes and installed the very worthwhile Speedball upgrade.As mentioned earlier, the Speedball is a constant current source upgrade that replaces the plate loads of the input and power tubes. I also took the time to wire up the big 70uF oil filled Obbligato film caps.
|Completed Coppermine Crack|
Some nice little embellishments were a custom logo I made for the Coppermine Crack which I had engraved on a 3" wide copper plate, as well as some copper plated earrings which I attached to the top of the oil capacitors.
|Engraved plate and copper plated earrings on top of the oil caps|
The final product looks and sounds great. I hope you enjoyed this build.